HOW TO UNINSTALL HOTSPOT SHIELD?
Are you in need of how to uninstall Hotspot Shield to fix some problems? Are you looking for an effective solution to completely uninstall because you wonder if it is hotspot shield a virus? Well, in that case you need to understand what is hotspot shield?
WHAT IS HOTSPOT SHIELD?
Hotspot Shield by AnchorFree is program claiming that it helps you to secure your connection while surfing Wi-Fi hotspots and to access sites not normally available outside of the USA, to install on your PC without your consent.
HOW TO UNINSTALL PRO PC CLEANER?
WHY IS HOTSPOT SHIELD ON MY COMPUTER?
The Hotspot Shield toolbar is similar to other potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) such as Babylon toolbar, Delta Search toolbar, Default Tab (mysearchresults.com), and many others. Commonly, these programs install on users’ computers without their consent via a deceptive software distribution method called bundling. If you suspect Hotspot Shield toolbar was installed on your computer without your consent, express caution when downloading or installing any free software in future. To remove this toolbar and associated browser redirects, use the removal instructions provided.
Now if you know what is hotspot shield? And why is hotspot shield on my computer? Here are few steps that’ll help you with the hotspot shield uninstall process. However, before jumping onto the process here are a few facts that you need to know –
WHAT IS MAPS GALAXY VIRUS, TOOLBAR AND ALL?
POSSIBLE PROBLEMS WHEN YOU GO FOR HOTSPOT SHIELD UNINSTALL PROCESS
- Hotspot Shield is not listed in Programs and Features.
- You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Hotspot Shield.
- A file required for this uninstallation to complete could not be run.
- An error has occurred. Not all of the files were successfully uninstalled.
- Another process that is using the file stops Hotspot Shield being uninstalled.
- Files and folders of Hotspot Shield can be found in the hard disk after the uninstallation.
- Hotspot Shield cannot be uninstalled due to many other problems. An incomplete uninstallation of Hotspot Shield may also cause many problems. So, it’s really important to completely uninstall Hotspot Shield and remove all of its files.
TOP 10 FACE RECOGNITION APPS TO HAVE IN YOUR PHONE IN 2020
HOW TO REMOVE HOTSPOT SHIELD COMPLETELY?
The methods mentioned below are quick and the easiest ones for the hotspot shield uninstall process, that’ll make your task more convenient.
- Method 1 – Uninstall Hotspot Shield via Programs and Features.
- Method 2 – Uninstall Hotspot Shield with its uninstaller.exe.
- Method 3 – Uninstall Hotspot Shield via System Restore.
- Method 4 – Uninstall Hotspot Shield with Antivirus.
- Method 5 – Reinstall Hotspot Shield to uninstall.
- Method 6 – Use the Uninstall Command Displayed in the Registry.
- Method 7 – Uninstall Hotspot Shield with Third -party Uninstaller.
SECURITY CAMERA FIRM ARLO ZAPS HIGH-SEVERITY VULNERABILITIES
UNINSTALL HOTSPOT SHIELD VIA PROGRAMS AND FEATURES
When a new piece of program is installed on your system, that program is added to the list in Programs and Features. When you want to uninstall the program, you can go to the Programs and Features to uninstall it. So when you want to uninstall Hotspot Shield, the first solution is to uninstall it via Programs and Features.
- Open programs and features
- Click start, type uninstall a program in the search programs and files box and then click the result.
- Open winx menu by holding windows and x keys together, and then click programs and features.
- Look for hotspot shield in the list, click on it and then click uninstall to initiate the uninstallation.
UNINSTALL HOTSPOT SHIELD WITH ITS UNINSTALLER.EXE
Most of computer programs have an executable file named uninst000.exe or uninstall.exe or something along these lines. You can find this files in the installation folder of Hotspot Shield.
- Go to the installation folder of hotspot shield.
- Find uninstall.exe or unins000.exe.
- Double click on its uninstaller and follow the wizard to uninstall Hotspot Shield.
25 COMMON CYBER SECURITY WORDS THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
UNINSTALL HOTSPOT SHIELD VIA SYSTEM RESTORE
System Restore is a utility which comes with Windows operating systems and helps computer users restore the system to a previous state and remove programs interfering with the operation of the computer. If you have created a system restore point prior to installing a program, then you can use System Restore to restore your system and completely eradicate the unwanted programs like Hotspot Shield. You should backup your personal files and data before doing a System Restore.
- Close all files and programs that are open.
- On the desktop, right click Computer and select Properties. The system window will display.
- On the left side of the System window, click System protection. The System Properties window will display.
- Click System Restore and the System Restore window will display.
- Select choose a different restore point and click Next.
- Select a date and time from the list and then click Next. You should know that all programs and drivers installed after the selected date and time may not work properly and may need to be re -installed.
- Click Finish when the “Confirm your restore point” window appears.
- Click Yes to confirm again.
HOW MUCH SECURITY DOES A RETINAL SCAN OFFER?
UNINSTALL HOTSPOT SHIELD WITH ANTIVIRUS
Nowadays, computer malware appear like common computer applications but they are much more difficult to remove from the computer. Such malware get into the computer with the help of Trojans and spyware. Other computer malware like adware programs or potentially unwanted programs are also very difficult to remove. They usually get installed on your system by bundling with freeware software like video recording, games or PDF convertors. They can easily bypass the detection of the antivirus programs on your system. If you cannot remove Hotspot Shield like other programs, then it’s worth checking whether it’s a malware or not. Click and download this malware detect tool for a free scan.
REINSTALL HOTSPOT SHIELD TO UNINSTALL
When the file required to uninstall Hotspot Shield is corrupted or missing, it will not be able to uninstall the program. In such circumstance, reinstalling Hotspot Shield may do the trick. Run the installer either in the original disk or the download file to reinstall the program again. Sometimes, the installer may allow you to repair or uninstall the program as well.
THE BEST INFORMATION SECURITY AUDIT CHECKLIST TO HELP YOU THRIVE
USE THE UNINSTALL COMMAND DISPLAYED IN THE REGISTRY
When a program is installed on the computer, Windows will save its settings and information in the registry, including the uninstall command to uninstall the program. You can try this method to uninstall Hotspot Shield. Please carefully edit the registry, because any mistake there may make your system crash.
- Hold Windows and R keys to open the Run command, type in reedit in the box and click OK.
- Navigate the following registry key and find the one of Hotspot Shield –
- Double click on the UninstallString value, and copy its Value Data.
- Hold Windows and R keys to open the Run command, paste the Value Data in the box and click OK.
- Follow the wizard to uninstall Hotspot Shield.
WHAT IS INFORMATION RISK MANAGEMENT? UNDERSTAND IT BETTER!
UNINSTALL HOTSPOT SHIELD WITH THIRD -PARTY UNINSTALLER
The manual uninstallation of Hotspot Shield requires computer know -how and patience to accomplish. And no one can promise the manual uninstallation will completely uninstall Hotspot Shield and remove all of its files. And an incomplete uninstallation will many useless and invalid items in the registry and affect your computer performance in a bad way. Too many useless files also occupy the free space of your hard disk and slow down your PC speed. So, it’s recommended that you uninstall Hotspot Shield with a trusted third -party uninstaller which can scan your system, identify all files of Hotspot Shield and completely remove them. Download this powerful third -party uninstaller below.
For more updates or cyber security help, you can consult experts at Securityx.